How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Naturally
Striae Atrophicae is also known as stretch marks to dermatologists. Women usually get this because of hormonal changes, pregnancy, and puberty. Men have this because of increase in weight and excessive workouts at the gymnasium. These are caused by rapid skin stretching which breaks down the connective tissues that are present in the dermis layer. Reddish or purple lines which are evidences of stretch marks appear initially that becomes white in color over time.
The following are 11 tips to follow in order to get rid of stretch marks naturally within 2 to 3 weeks:
- Eat foods rich in zinc. Zinc aids in the new skin tissue formation. Oysters, wheat germ, shellfish, bran cereals, pecan nuts, and pine nuts are foods that contain zinc.
- Massage and consume Vitamin E. Vitamin E is the tested solution for all kinds of skin issues. You can opt to apply Vitamin E externally by using Vitamin E oil or you can absorb it internally by having a meal that includes cottonseed oil, sunflower oil, almonds, hazelnuts, mayonnaise, peanuts, and popcorns.
- Get the glow from Vitamin A and C. Skin tissues are strengthened by the help of Vitamin A while newly formed cells glow by the aid of Vitamin C. Carrots, milk, potatoes, mangoes, and citrus fruits make a perfect meal to cure stretch marks.
- Apply a layer of castor oil. A thick layer of castor oil should be applied on the affected area and tie it with a plastic sheet. Using either a hot water bottle or the heating pad, apply heat on it for 20 to 40 minutes. For seven days, do this once daily.
- Apply blend of aloe vera gel with Vitamin E oil and olive oil. This mixture of olive oil and Vitamin E should be applied once or twice a day.
- Massage using cocoa butter. Stretch marks visiblity can be best reduced by massaging with cocoa butter the affected area at least once in a day for an average of 8 weeks. Don’t expect miracles to happen here as cocoa butter is more of a moisturizer.
- Obtain results from shea butter. Shea butter has no side effect and shows good results within one or two weeks.
- Drink water. A minimum of 10 glasses of water per day is needed to maintain the necessary skin moisture.
- Apply stretch mark creams. You can apply all kinds of natural creams and lotions that have the above mentioned ingredients. Stretch mark creams have great moisturizing and healing properties that can easily repair damaged skin the collagen and elastin production in your dermis.
- Apricot scrub home treatment. Prepare a mixture composed of two parts apricots and six parts of almond oil to form a thick mixture. Stretch marks will fade if it is applied two times in a day regularly.
- Stay Away From The Sun. Ok, I know this sounds ridiculous but I am not telling you to stay away from the sun completely! Too much UV exposure is damaging to skin and impairs skin cell regeneration. Stretch mark scars tend to stay longer as well. Prolonged UV exposure can be carcinogenic and I’m talking about chronic exposure. Don’t consider that one off 3-5 hour sun tan as one but multiple exposures of that period can be dangerous. If you want some sun, stay away from it at this times 11-2pm daily. This is when the sun’s rays are strongest.
Rapid weight gain and weight loss, puberty, and muscle building are all commonly associated with the appearance of stretch marks. Since these marks leave a peculiarity to the bearer, most people apply home remedies in order to remove stretch marks.
“To get a more comprehensive guide to help with stretch marks without using synthetic creams, check out our best resource to help remove stretch marks naturally.”
In addition to the above tips, medical conditions such as Diabetes, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, or Cushing’s syndrome affect the appearance of stretch marks, these conditions need to be treated first before using any of the above natural methods to help get rid of stretch marks.
If you want a product that has all the natural ingredients, Vitamins and antioxidants to help you with a better, radiant and younger looking skin regardless whether you have stretch marks or not, consider these three products by Olivella.
N.B Olivella products does not get rid of stretch marks but it certainly helps make it less visible over time and makes your skin look younger looking
Olivella is well known for manufacturing skin products without the use of toxic chemicals unlike 80-90% of those out there. Their products are also as natural as it could be and is not tested on animals.
The first product here uses Olive Oil as the main ingredient. If you are allergic to olive oil, please don’t use it. Otherwise, get this product to help with your skin. It is a very effective moisturizer and is best applied before you sleep as it works its magic overnight and results can be seen even on the first night of application. If you want that radiant and young looking skin, check this product here.
1. Olivella Moisturizer Body Lotions
Olivella All Natural Virgin Olive Oil Moisturizer From Italy (50ml) 1.69 Fluid Ounces
70 total customer reviews...
In addition to the Moisturizer Body Lotion, check out these 2 other products which complements each other.
2. Olivella Face and Body Bar
3. Olivella Virgin Olive Oil Face and Body Liquid Soap
For some of you, Olivella may not work. According to some of our users of Olivella, it still does not work as efficiently as some other natural stretch mark products on the market. One product that works time and time again is the Bella B Tummy Honey butter. This product is best for those who cannot tolerate products that have too pungent an odour or for those who are pregnant:
- Bella B Tummy Honey Butter: Check out our review article on this product
More resources about getting rid of stretch marks can be found below: