How to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are a result of the dermis being broken causing scars left behind when the skin is overstretched. Pregnant women, body builders, individuals who gain weight, teens who undergo puberty are prone to stretch marks. These are mostly found in the abdomen, breasts, legs, buttocks, and upper arms. They appear initially as red lines and then later fade to a pale white color. The appearance of stretch marks can be reduced or even eliminated but it would be preferable to prevent them.
Some people are more concerned with removing stretch marks then preventing them. Different methods can be employed in removing these which can range from home remedies to medical and cosmetic procedures. In addition to achieving your goal of removing stretch marks, these methods can improve the overall condition of your skin. Before undergoing any treatment, make sure that you consult your doctor if you are planning to have them removed.
Remove Stretch Marks Using Home Remedies
- Time. Time heals all wounds. This also goes with stretch marks as they fade over time.
- Treatments by Tretinoin or Retin-A. A study by the Archives of Dermatology published in May 1996 showed the significant reduction of the appearance of stretch marks. This can only be bought by prescription of a doctor. Stretch marks that have just initially started can best be worked on best by this cream. However, pregnant women or women who breastfeed their babies should not use tretinoin treatments in that the active ingredient may be passed on to the unborn baby or the breast milk.
- Daily exfoliation. Stretch marks can be removed by daily use of a loofah or scrunchy.
- Daily use of Vic’s Vapor Rub. Vic’s vapor rub has shown significant success in removing scarred skin by applying the ointment to a washcloth or a paper and forcefully rubbing into the affected skin on a daily basis for a few weeks.
- Rev your nerves up. Circulation is increased by massaging areas regularly and by taking hot baths.
- Sunbathe. Minor stretch marks can be eliminated by tanning.
- 7. Go for Vitamin E Gel. Rub the oil from vitamin E capsules and rub oil into the skin over the stretch marks every day for two weeks.
- 8. Skin unstretching. Unstretching the skin often results to nearly invisible stretch marks.
- 9. Daily application of stretch mark creams and lotions. Stretch mark creams and lotions heal and beautify the skin thus reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Cocoa butter, rose hip oil, jojoba oil, emu oil, castor oil, shea butter, Vitamin A, E, and C are commonly accepted ingredients of these stretch mark creams and lotions.
What surgical procedures can remove stretch marks?
- Microdermabrasion – Removal of the top-most layer of skin by chemical or mechanical means popular as a cosmetic procedure is called microdermabrasion.
- Endermologie – Circulation is increased and toxins are expelled with the aid of endermologie machines.
- Laser Therapy – Appearance of stretch marks can be reduced by the aid of available laser treatments.
- Cosmetic Surgery –One cosmetic surgery that removes stretch marks that appear below the belly button is the tummy tuck.